How to Create a Training Drill in Under 5 Minutes [5 Free Drill Samples]
In this short blog update, we will share how to create a drill using the Sunbears web application. So if you are a sports coach, this demo is just what you need to get accustomed to the platform as quickly as possible.
Although this video only shows a demo for ice hockey, Sunbears provides access to 5 sports — basketball, ice hockey, rugby, football, and futsal.
Steps of Creating a Drill
- Place the player icons on the rink (or field). You can always add or move these icons around while creating the drill. Likewise, whether in the beginning or as you go, you can add pylons or other obstacles and tools.
- Next, using the same corresponding colours, as well as action type (i.e. “line type”), draw the lines that indicate the drill that the players will execute. You can choose to use both straight lines, or curve them as needed.
- You can also choose to write a “Description” and / or “Key Points” related to each drill, if you consider that more clarifications are necessary. Accordingly, you can add links to external resources (e.g., videos, studies, news, and so on).
- You can view a 2D and 3D animated version of the drills you create. This functionality also allows you to set the desired timing of the drills.
- Now it’s time to save the created drill. You can choose your own “Categories” to have everything structured based on your team’s needs.
- Lastly, you have the option to share these drills with your team, all the information being accessible to everyone, both on mobile and desktop.
In the second part of this article, we’ve shared 5 drills created in collaboration with coaches Takahito Suzuki and Tomohiro Usui, alongside Toyo University Ice Hockey Club, and Bring Up Ice Hockey Academy.